Monday 1 August 2011

Volume

Bench: 80 x 5, 82.5 x 5, 85 x 5, 87.5 x 5, 90 x 5. First volume day for bench.

Squat: 157.5 x 4 x 5. They felt light on my back but a little heavy on my legs. I felt slightly uncoordinated too, probably cause I haven't squatted in a week. A few reps were a bit dodgy. I didn't keep the weight on my heels a couple of times.

Chins: 6.25 x 3 x 5

Had a bit of a chat with a guy named Chris at the gym today. He's got a bit of a powerlifting/bodybuilding and swimming background. Now he says he does powerbuilding. He's a big strong guy, 100kg and lean. He can bench around 170kg. I asked him, out of curiosity, how many grams of protein he goes for in a day. In fairness, I don't think he's trying to put on weight but he said about 200grams is all he needs. That, along with some other info I have been getting, makes me think 300g of protein per day at my bodyweight of 90kg is probably a bit excessive. I'll set a revised target at around 250g per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment