Friday 5 August 2011

Disappointing PRs

I'm feeling a bit philosophical at the moment; I guess that's just my way of dealing with the disappointment of today's session.

Bench: 100 x 3. 4th rep failed. I was going for 5. Don't really know what to say about this. It makes me angry thinking about it. 3 months ago I hit 100 x 3 x 5, did another reset, expected good results, then this happens. It's bullshit. One logical explanation is that over the last few weeks I have been trying to keep my elbows tucked and this change in form will make my bench momentarily suffer. Anyway, I'll have a think about what to do then just keep trying to improve.

Squat: 187.5 x 3. Third rep incredibly hard and slow.

Dead lift: 185 x 1. Second rep failed. Was going for 3. This is also shit. It felt weird failing a dead lift rep. I'm sure that has never happened before.I hit 182.5 for a very comfortable 3 last week. In fairness though, last week I didn't squat first. I probably should of waited 5 -10 mins after today's squat session before I dead lifted.

At the end of the day there's no point whinging. It's not all about the numbers anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment