Thursday 17 November 2011

Is 3 The Magic Number?

I think it could be so this is going to be my new program:

Greyskull Methods Style (people often say GSLP but I prefer Greyskull Methods) training with sets of 3s as well as heavy doubles or singles. So, a 2x3 and a 1x max rep set on a given day followed by the doubles or singles for that same lift later in the week. Main lifts will operate in this fashion, other exercises will operate under a 2x5 + 1x max rep or 2 sets in the 12-15 rep range.

Eg.

Tuesday:
Bench/Press: 2x3 + 1xMR (max rep)
Squat: 2x3 + 1xMR
Curl variant: 2x 12-15

Thursday:
Press/Bench: 2x3, +1xMR
Lateral Raises (on Press day)/Dips (Bench day): 1x15-20
Rows: 2x5 +1xMR
LTE (Lying Tricep Extension): 2x5 +1xMR
Pull Up ladders

Saturday:
Bench/Press: Heavy singles, doubles or a triple
Squat: Heavy singles, doubles or a triple
Deadlift: 1xMR

I'm going to pick moderate weights to start with and go from there.

You could look at my training lately and say I've been "programme hopping". That would be one way to look at it but I prefer to say that I am experimenting and learning for myself about how I like to train. I've never stopped going hard, no matter what I've been doing, so I don;t see what it matters to be honest.

This is what I did today:

Lateral Raises: 8x15 + 5 standing

Press: 62.5x3, 3, 8

Rows: 65x5, 5, 8

LTE: 40x5, 5, 12

Pull Ups: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3.

Bodyweight: 88.9kg.

Yep.

4 comments:

  1. Hopping onto the next program aye Boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of being a programming visionary is developing new programs on a regular basis. Just what happens when your intelligent, creative and passionate. One day you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why aren't you at the school house?

    ReplyDelete