Thursday 6 September 2012

In search Of Bane: Trap Explosion

Bench: 90 x 5, 92.5 x 4, 95 x 3, 97.5 x 2, 100 x 1. The 100kg went up pretty easily, especially considering I had done all these reps prior. Could be a good sign but we will have to wait and see. I wont run the typical wave cycle now seems I'm trying to peak for the meet. So instead of taking 2 steps back on Sunday, I'll just progress to a 102.5 top set. Then have just the Sunday session on the week of the meet before going light.

DL: 185 x 5. 5th rep was a little slow but it was never in doubt. This was a very rewarding set. I'll make another 5kg jump next week and hopefully hit 5 again. Next week's session will be my last deadlifting session before the meet.

Barbell shrugs (Power Shrugs): 180 x 4 x 5. Short rest. My God, my traps still feel like they are going to explode. And this is 4hours after I worked them. After hearing Rippetoe, Starr and Pavel champion this exercise, I just could ignore them no longer. Hopefully in the next few weeks, I can really pack some mass on my traps. I will move them to Sundays now though.

Squat: 60 x 3 x 5, 80 x 2 x 5. No pain at all.
Curls

No comments:

Post a Comment