Wednesday 26 September 2012

Day 2

Pull ups: 20 x 5, 10 x 3 x 5. I wanted to pick a weight for the first set that I could hit for atleast 8 reps. I thought 20 would be that weight but they were a little heavier than I wanted them to be. Next session I will drop the first set down to 15kg, then I'll eventually just cycle through the rep ranges.

EZ Curls: 40 x 6 x 6. Again, a little too heeavy really. Next session will pick a lighter weight that I can hit for 12.

Shrugs: 190 x 5 x 5. More hectic trap fatigue.

DB Rows: 32 x 2 x 12

Hammer Curls: 16 x 6, 14 x 6.

One thing I have learnt from Ed Coan's routine is that he even cycled through his assistance just like his big lifts. The other thing I have learnt from Vladimir Zatsiorsky is that 5-6 and 10-12 rep ranges are the best for hypertrophy and that sub maximal effort (multiple sets not to failure) and repeated effort (to failure) methods should be combined for hypertrophy. So, I will start my assistance of at weights I can hit for 10-12 reps with only 1-2 mins rest then add weight until I'm hitting sets of 5-6 reps. I will incorporate repeated effort method into the last set of each assistance exercise every second session.

No comments:

Post a Comment