Tuesday 25 September 2012

Back In The Gym

Well, I got my training underway today. This week wont be quite like the week I layed out in yesterday's post due to the fact that I'm taking a break from squats and deads for the week.

Press: 60 x 3 x 5. Medium difficulty.

Leg Press: 10 plates x 15, 8 plates x 2 x 15. I'll build reps up until I get to 20 then add a plate.

Dips BW: 5 x 10. I was better at these than what I thought. Man, these gave me a hell of an upper body pump.

Rope Tricep Pushdowns (RTCPDs): "42" (whatever that means) x 3 x 10.

Think I'm bigger already : /

On another note, I like the fact that I've turned what was a 3 day routine into a 4 day routine. It means that I can add an assistance exercise or two in, my sessions are still shorter, and I can hit them with more vigour. I will probably also add a 5th day of training in there when I go back to squatting 2 x a week. Considering almost everything I have read recently reccommends training light instead of not training at all (in order to accelarate recovery) ,this 5th day will be a light day.

For example:

Sunday: Press, Bench, assistance
Monday: Squat, assisatnce
Tuesday: Light Squat, light press/bench (calves and abs maybe too)
Wednesday: Press, Bench, assistance
Thursday: Squat, Deadlift, assistance

4 comments:

  1. I just realised, shouldn't TCPD's just TPD's, as tricep is only one word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea but the acronym comes from the abbreviation "T-cep P-Downs"
    hence; "TCPDs"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay but because tricep is one word, the acronym still shouldn't contain a C. Just like Trap Bar Deadlift is known as a TPD, not TPDL, or Romanian Deadlift is known as RDL not RMDL. If tricep was hyphenated, as in tri-cep, then it would be correct to include a C in the acronym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which means, considering "pushdown" is usually spelled as one non-hyphenated word, the correct acronym for Tricep Pushdowns would simply be TPs or RTP's etc.

    ReplyDelete