Thursday 16 August 2012

Patience Required

Bench: 101 x 3.

Squat: 170 x 3.

DL: 170 x 5.

Starting with the bench, the warm ups felt so light. I actually thought I was gonna hit 101 x 5. Maybe I lost a little concentration and got a bit sloppy with the 3rd, then missed the 4th. I was a little disapointed. Hopefully I can get some value progressing a 3RM for a couple of weeks.

Going into the squat, I was lacking a little bit mentally. Having a slightly disappointing bench takes a little bit out of the confidence levels and unfortunately, can set the trend for a bad intensity day all round. This didn't quite happen, but the squat was certainly a bit disappointing. My hips are bothering me a little and it's throwing me off in general. It has me second guessing my form a little bit and this isn't good on an intensity day. My form just didn't feel right at all. I went to film the set but unbeknownst to me, the camera was out of memory. Another disappointment. A confident me probably could of got a set of 5 today but with all that said, I think it's obvious I need to be a little patient and put an end to the 5kg jumps. I will certainly have a crack at 172.5kg next week and if I hit it for 3, I will be happy. I have some decision to make regarding volume day on Tuesday though, for squat and bench.

Deadlift went well. 170 for a comfortable yet challenging 5.

I've been obsessing over this meet coming up and It's clear I need to relax. I feel like I'm racing against the clock but I know that gets you nowhere, especially in the weight room. Patience and a realistic attitude is required at all times. I'm just disappointed I'm not hitting the numbers I used to and that's fine, but trying to make bigger jumps than I can handle will get me nowhere.

I think today will serve as a bit of a message to get me on the right track.


No comments:

Post a Comment