Thursday 9 August 2012

Old Time Texas Method

Bench: 100 x 4.

Squat: 165 x 5

DL: 165 x 5.

Even though I missed that 5th rep. I'm still really happy with how the bench went. While 100kg is very average, it's still a good morale boost considering the doldrums from which I have recently emerged.

5th rep fairly hard but the squat was good. My hip flexors have been terribly sore the last couple of weeks but I've been foam rolling, stretching and massaging them and they feel a hell of a lot better. The whole squat movement just felt better today and my body felt like it handled the weight better. I'll probably make another 5kg jump for both volume and intensity days next week and then look at going to 2.5kg jumps.

DL was solid. Had a couple more in the tank.

Only realised I had forgot chins/rows when I was walking into the library.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work getting back up to 100 brother.

    And LOL @ "doldrums".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man.

    hahaha yea. I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete