Friday 2 September 2011

Not 100% But Gave 110%

Haven't been feeling the best the last couple of days and when I woke up this morning I considered taking a day off. In the end though I felt like I could get through the session.

Bench: 101 x 5. Fairly comfortable.

Squat: 197.5 x 1, 200 x 1. I just wanted to hit 200 today. It came up with a bit of speed too so that was encouraging. Had my mate Chris (loves his bench but still a good squatter) from the gym spotting me, yelling at me and making sure I hit depth.

I was pumped up for the squat session no doubt, but I feel like I was a little more relaxed at the same time. I think I may just be getting used to handling heavier weights. Next week will probably go for 200 x 2.

DL: 182.5 x 3. Kind of hard on the lower back but I think that's what the dead lift is all about. Gotta work through the pain barrier a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for just turning up despite not feeling the best. And awesome work hitting 200kg.

    I'm sure I don't have to point out the obvious but I'm sure you would have had a better session if you had simply ate more of those double quarter pounders, fries and thickshakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry man. I missed out on my DQP today too but I made up for it with late night chocolate biscuits and chicken flavoured potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome man. You're going to look even better next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete