Saturday 3 November 2012

In Times Of Trouble, Jim Steel Comforts Me. He Wispers Words Of Wisdom; "My Program Will Set You Free."

What better way is there to get yourself out of a training rut than Jim Steel's programming. I'm doing his "Get A Big Bench Routine". I estimated my 1RM at 108kg and will go for 112.5 at the end of week 5. The percentages really are quite low compared to what I would be using on the TM so with all my bitching about lifting at too high an intenisty, it will certainly be interesting to see how this program goes.

Bench: 87.5 x 5 x 2. This was easy so I only rested 1-2 mins and paused all my reps.

Press: 60 x 5 x 3

Dips: 27.5 x 3 x 5

TCPDs: 55 x 3 x 12

Curls: 16 x 3 x 10

I've moved my routine to Sat, Sun, Tue, Wed. Workout on the weekends when I'm fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment