Wednesday 7 November 2012

Hectic Deadlift Session

Deadlift: 180 x 5 x 3, 140 x 20. First I thought I was gonna do 175 x 10 x 2 then I thought 2 consecutive weeks at 175 was enough, so I upped it to 180 with the intention of hitting 15. I hit that then went about my back off set with 140. I was thinking I might do 10 reps or so but I also had this slight urge to do a death set. I got to 8 and was breathing a little heavy, then I go to 10, then 12. By this stage things were getting tough but I knew I could get 20 and I have wanted 20 at 140 for a while; I just didn't expect it to come after an already brutal session. When I got to 15, I was almost dead but I wanted 20 so bad. My hamstrings felt like they were gonna explode and I was hurting but I just thought to myself, "3 more reps". When I got that, I just thought, "Only 2 more to go". Rep 20 was a grind and I was so fatigued I almost couldn't lock it out. I had to really force my hips through and straighten my knees out. I got it, stumbled into a corner and collapsed on the ground for a couple of minutes. Hectic shit.

Shrugs: 215 x 3 x 3, 180 x 5. Might drop the weight on these and hit some higher reps next week.

That was more than enough.

1 comment: