Wednesday 17 October 2012

Training In Aus + Back In NZ

So, after 10 days in Aus, training in the Dungeon, I got back to NZ last night.

Highlights from my time there were a 200 x 4 DL PR, and a 67.5 seated press which is still pretty average numbers but at least I'm improving. The real test will be tomorow though when I press because I have to hit 70kg for at least 4 reps to make any progress on it since I started prioritising press over bench. I will really want to hit 70 x 5.
Seems as I just love training so much, I thought I would take a leaf out of Jamie Lewis's book and do some calf and ab work as well as squats at my gym today. When I got there, I was stunned to see something beautiful; 2 new wooden lifting platforms built into the ground, 2 new bars, a variety of bumper plates ranging from 5-25kg as well as .5kg microplates and even a bunch of kettle bells and medicine balls in what is a new conditioning area.

Fucking amazing.

I was so excited, I almost went for a deadlift PR right then and there but decided against it and did some power cleans instead. Got up to 80kg which were a little ugly and called it a day. I might just make power cleans part of my regular week now, starting at 65kg.

Squats: 60 x 5, 70 x 2 x 5. Will progress by 10kg for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment