Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hanuman

After reading Jamie Lewis's post on Hanuman and Indian strength culture, I am obsessed with this deity. I just think the Indian philosophy of strength representing the effort and discipline of the mind is a fantastic one and something a lot of lifters can identify with. Then on top of that, the fact that Hanuman is a monkey and jacked as fuck, makes him so cool.

Press: 65 x 3 x 5. Warming up my traps were so fatigued from yesterdays deadlifts, even the lighter warm up sets felt a little heavy. I really wanted to hit 65 x 3 x 5 though as it's been a while since I have lifted that weight but a little doubt crept into my mind. Then, I focused on Hanuman. I pictured his form entering my body with my skin merely wrapped around his presence and his power. He gave me the inspiration I needed to smash out the next 2 sets of 5. It may sound a little fucked, but  I will take Hanuman with me when I lift.

Bench: 92.5 x 5 x 1. Not too hard at all. Think I'm learning to deal with the press fatigue better.

Dips: 15 x 5, 5, 10.

DB Incline: 20 x 12 (no rest), 22 x 12. Faaaaaark this last set gave me the burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment