Thursday 25 October 2012

Change of Plans

So after talking up this modified TM routine the other day, I'm now going to ditch it. The reality is I have made fuck all progress in pressing movements for a long time and I just want to get some gains on the board through something a bit more conventional to get my satisfaction back. Now just isn't the time to be trying something I'm not 100% confident in.

I'm gonna run a wave cycle as outlined by Pavel. I'll use 3s as my top set then 2 back off sets of 5 minus 5-10%.

Today I did:

DL: 175 x 3 x 5.

Press: 71 x 2 x 1. This was suppossed to be 5 sets of 1 but the 2nd rep was a fucking grind.

Bench: 90 x 5 x 3

It was a little bit of a "one of those days" situation and that's fine but like I said, I'm just not 100% confident in this routine at the moment, despite the fact it's probably preety reasonable.

The reason I deadlifted today was because Chris (the Hulk) needed to borrow my belt so I though I would pull with him.

Deadlifting prior to pressing is shit. Plus I'm just tired after teaching and I don't like lifting in the afternoon.
* whinge whinge..hahaha. I'll be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment