Sunday 9 December 2012

Weekend Workouts

Yesterday was just an upperbody blitz. I left bench out considering my 1RM attempt from the other day. The highlight from the session however was 60kg press for 10 reps. An easy 10 reps at that. I'ts been a long time since I have been able to hit 60 for 10 and on top of that, I haven't barbell pressed for some time so I was pleasantly surprised. I guess benching , dipping and DB pressing with short rest all helps to add mass and get your BB press up.

Today I squatted 142.5 x 3 x 5. Fillmes a set, no knee movement so I'm not gonna worry about my hips too much. They are pretty much okay anyway; just a mild pain.

Conventional Deadlift: 180 x 5. I'm going back to coneventional for a few weeks with a linear progression. I believe conventional makes my sumo stronger and is a better back developer.

Shrugs: 150 x 3 x 12. These strict shrugs just don't quite give me the contraction power shrugs do. They'll have to be it for now though as I can still feel a niggle in my back.

DB Rows: 38 x 15

No comments:

Post a Comment