Tuesday 4 December 2012

Update

Squatted 135 x 3 x 5 yesterday. Hips hurt a bit : (

Went for a couple beers last night and it turned into a few too many. Had my PR attempt today so it wan't very good preperation. I was feelink okay though.

I didn't have the confidence to try 112.5 on the bench. I just could't afford to fail, so instead I went for 110 and got it, paused, without to much trouble. Tried 112.5 after and failed but I dind't mind too much.

Looking backover my log and last time I did Steel's program was over almost a year ago and I hit 110 for six singles (not paused) before failing 115 the next week on mr PR attempt (this was in the middle of my dieting training fiasco). I remember that session and it was a real grind. So, I haven't hit an all out PR yet but I have shown some improvement over the last few weeks and I'm happy with that at the moment.

I'm gonna take a few days off benching then come back with a Steel inspired programme. Considering this whole 5 weeks barely gave me a session that was a challenge, I think I need to make some changes. It just all felt too light on this cycle. So, what I will probably do is keep Steel's programming but add 5kg to all the numbers I ran this cycle. I'll probably change the rep schemes to 5s too (but keep total reps per workout the same). And I'll scrap the 1RM at the end and go for a 5 or 3 RM.

No comments:

Post a Comment