Tuesday 17 July 2012

A Blessing Or A Curse?

Squat: 152.5 x 5, 140 x 5, 130 x 5.

The 152.5 set felt heavy.  It felt almost like a true 5 rep max (on reflection, I probably could of got 7 or maybe even 8 reps but the point it it felt damn heavy). Realistically though, recovery issues related to soccer aside, I just don't think I've been doing enough squatting. Once a week isn't a great deal and on top of that, I haven't even been doing my back off sets; that's why I did them today, in the hope they will make next weeks session easier. Also, not only did I do them, but I did them heavier, with 10kg drops opposed to 20kg drops. All in all, it was a pretty good leg workout without being devastatingly hard. I think this is what I need to spur on some progress. 


Press: 67.5 x 3, 65 x 3, 60 x 3.


Bodyweight: 80.8. This is in the middle of the day with clothes on so my actual bodyweight is probably closer to 78kg. At the moment I'm eating plenty of food and not holding back on any macros, especially fats. Cookies, chocolate, nuts and full cream milk are the order of the day yet I have only put on a marginal amount of weight. With that said, I haven't gained much, if any fat and I have gained some weight so I could view that as a positive. Really want to put on a couple of kg in the next couple of months though.

No comments:

Post a Comment