Saturday 16 February 2013

Last 3 Sessions

Tuesday I had a pretty decent squat session: 160 x 3, 180 x 3, 160 x 4 x 3

Thursday I didn't bench just ti take it easy and pressed 72.5 x 5 x 2 instead as well as some close grip floor press at 70kg. I'm goning to commit to these.

Missed Friday's session cause of work but did it today instead. Took it wasy on the squat with 150 x 5. Also shrugged 200 x 5, 210 x 2 x 5. Last set didn;t quite get the shrug hight I'm looking for but the first 2 sets were good.

BB Rows: 77.5 x 3 x 5

Pull ups: 12, 5, 5.

I'm going to start a 6 week press cycle where I press before benching instead of after it. Really wanna try and add some strength and mass to my shoulders and there's probably no better way to accomplish that than pressing. Would be great to hit a press PR.

I'll run it the same as I have been runnning my bench lately; just keep upping the volume and or intensity each session and taking a light session when I feel I need it. I'll bench after pressing with a 5 x 5 type arrangement on the first day and heavy singles on the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment