Friday 22 February 2013

Average Squat Session

I really wanted to do something good in the gym today but I could see in the warm ups that that wasn't going to happen.

Squat: 180 x 1, 185 x 2, 180 x 1. It wasn't all bad, but I didn't have it in me to get the 190 I was looking for x a few reps.

BB Rows: 60 x 3 x 10 sr

No shrugs. So damn tired today.

I felt so damn good squatting on Tuesday but it was a fairly high volume session and I don't think it left me in the position to go for 190+ today. In fact, Tuesday would of been the day to hit something heavy. Looking back over my log, Tuesday's session probably felt so good because I only had a medium/light type day the Thursday before. So I might try this for the next few weeks:

Tuesday -  hard (high volume or intensity or both)
Thursday - medium
Tuesday  - hard
Thursday  -medium
etc...

I know I've done TM before with 2 high volume/intensitys session every week with great success, but if I can get simialr gains now, while feeling better recovered, I'll take that option. Besides, I couldn't really do what I did last time on TM for long anyway; I'm already back at about the level things started to slow down. Think managing recovery is a smart option.

No comments:

Post a Comment