Wednesday 5 October 2011

Too Tired for Heaps of Volume

Had heaps of assignments the last couple of weeks and haven't had much sleep the last couple of days. No way I could handle all the volume in the program today so I did a couple of different things.

Squat: 200 x 2. Second rep I got stuck at halfway coming back up but I wasn't giving up...at that point some guy came running in to spot me by grabbing me under the arms and pushing me up. I didn't really see him coming but as soon as I felt his hands I yelled out "Nah!! Nah!!" he let go and I got the rep. Not sure if he helped at all. He probably did in some small way. Not sure. Anyway, I certainly felt I had a 2nd rep in me. I made it even more difficult so because I came forward slightly at the bottom and miss timed my bounce.

Bench: 100x4. Bit disappointing but I'll work on it. Bench seems temperamental. The fact that different plates in the gym probably don't weigh the same wouldn't help. I actually wanted 6 reps as it would of been a PR but not to be today.

Curls: 3 sets, short rest. 16kg-12kg.

Chins: 9. That was my max effort. Not very good but I'm working on bringing bodyfat down. I beleieve I may have lost 1kg. Current bodyweight 93kg.

Program with Steel wraps up this week. Feel like I've definitely learned some things. It's been a good experience. I believe I've gained some upper body mass but also lost fat. Contrary to popular belief I know...

Looking forward to getting back training with a bit more of a strength focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment