Friday 21 October 2011

Hardest 5 reps ever

Bench: 105x3x2. I'm loving these sets of 2.

Squat: 190x5. This is a 2 rep PR. For the second week running I wasn't fully recovered. I brought my intensity day forward a day this week so I can get back to a Monday, Wednesday and Friday schedule. After the third rep I felt that was it but I was determined to hit that PR. 4th rep was a grind and the 5th was insanity. I completely dropped my chest and it was the hardest, slowest rep I have ever done.

Didn't deadlift this week seems the 5RM was so punishing.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry but I didn't really give you the response you deserved on the phone when you informed me of this squat PR (Aaron was distracting me). That is seriously fucking dominant.

    Now THAT is a PR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I'm happier about my bench. Think I'm gonna give up squatting and just focus on bench and curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To be honest I'm happier about my bench"

    102.5kg x 4 = 1RM of 112kg
    105kg x 2 = 1RM of 108kg
    105kg x 3 = 1RM of 111kg
    106kg x 2 = 1RM of 109kg
    106kg x 3 = 1RM of 112kg

    If you say so man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put away your little 1RM calculator and wake the fuck up. 105 was for sets across, not a "2RM". Turd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hence my inclusion of additional set/rep combinations illustrating that you would have to hit 106 for 3 to equal your previous best and only after that could you speak of actual PRs. Hey man if deluding yourself improves your confidence then don't let me stop you. I just prefer to allow real PRs to do that. Like your squat PR: THAT is a PR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all your theoretical knowledge you should just give up weight training and become a scientist.

    ReplyDelete