Saturday 15 October 2011

Nice PRs + "Hello Sumo"

Squat: 195x3. This is a 1rep PR so I'm happy. My lower back and legs did not feel fully recovered today and the warm up certainly felt heavy. I wasn't that confident going into the heavy set of 3 but I got through it okay. I don't think I'll be doing hill sprints on Wednesdays again. Keep the conditioning to earlier in the week.

It is certain that I've lost weight though. I got the prong in my belt down to the 3rd hole which is 2 holes tighter than what it was recently. So my changed diet with fewer carbs is certainly taking the weight off. I'll just have to make sure I'm not eating too few, especially considering I didn't feel fully recovered today.

Bench: 103.5x3x2. I was real happy with this seems my last PR in the bench was 102.5x4 some time ago. I guess that's what it's all about; be a bit more creative and find set/rep schemes that work for you.

Sumo: 190x3. My first ever sumo and the best part about this was that it was an easy three. My lower back doesn't even feel like I've deadlifted. I have to say, I have fallen in love with the sumo and I feel like I'm going to be able to add significant poundage to my PR. My technique was a little unbalanced but damn it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment