Friday 29 June 2012

Da Vinci In The Weight Room

Bench: 92.5x5. Last rep pretty hard.

Chin: 22.5x5. Last rep also pretty hard.

Press: 65x4+1.

DB Curls: 22x6, 20x5.

"What kind of program is this?"


"A heavy set of press after bench?"


"Who curls for only 2 sets for a total of only 11 reps!?!?!?!"


"This doesn't look like the Texas Method..."


To those questions I simply answer, "Free your mind from the burden of convention".

A volume bench/press day on Sunday, light day on Tuesday and an intensity day on Thursday. Basically, I'm going to be running this type of programming until I can at least bench 100x5.

There are 2 main reasons for this:
1) I want a bigger bench and I'm willing to put my press on hold to get there and;
2) In the immediate future, a bench of 100x5 and a press of 65x5 will do wonders for my morale where as a press of 67.5x5 and a bench of 97.5x5 wont.

And on top of all that, I still might squeeze out a little gains with my press. I'll be performing after bench so obviously it wont be ideal but we'll see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment