Sunday 10 June 2012

WWE + Pressing

Had my soccer game yesterday against the top of the table rivals. Unfortunately we lost 2-1. We scored first and could of gone on with it but we lost composure and structure in the second half and effectively fell to pieces.I had a good game though which was good.

The game was a somewhat violent affair with lots of fouls and overly aggressive play. As the game progressed, things got increasingly out of hand and in the second half, one of their players repeatedly kicked one of ours when he was shielding the ball. Our player retaliated with a push which sent their player into a rage. Just when he looked like he was going to start throwing haymakers, I ran up behind him and locked him in a bear hug. He was an average sized thin man and he was easy to restrain. I held him for a second, then, in the bear hold, lifted him up in the air and slammed him into the ground. A melee ensued with some more pushing and shoving before the ref calmed things down. The guy I slammed was shown the red while I was shown the yellow card. Great stuff. Naturally my team mates loved the act of team spirit and I was called "Batista" by a few of the guys. Haha!

In the gym today I was pretty tired. Had a late night at work and tweaked my back taking a throw in during the match yesterday which affected my press a little. On top of that I have a bit of a stomach bug. I only managed 62.5x3x4 on the press. I'll have a crack at 63.5 next session though and I might just get it being better recovered.

Chins: 10 x 3 x 5  & 1 x 7. This is my volume day for the chins. Will hit a heavier set of 5 at the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. That is some of the coolest/funniest shit ever.

    My respect for you has increased 2 fold.

    ReplyDelete