Thursday 11 April 2013

Updates

Had a few decent sessions since my last post. I've been on Pavel's wave cycle for upper body stuff and I have to say I do like it. Considering I've really had a lay off of sorts from bench, I didn't want to experiment so much with my own programming as I have done recently. At the moment, I just want to run a few cycles of Pavel's stuff and see if it takes me to PR territory.

I've just reached the end of my first 4 session block for bench at 97.5 x 5, 92.5 x 2 x 5 and feel like I could do with a "reset". I'm wave cycling incline, pull ups, DB Press and curls too.

I'm still doing my same flexible approach to squatting where I do what I like under the proviso I'm adding weight/reps gradually and I'm really enjoying this at the moment. The other day I squatted 140 x 4 x 5, 100 x 5 with only 60-90secs rest. I was trying to do as many sets as possible but after the fourth set my lower back was just fried from the short rest. Then I shrugged 180 x 5 x 6 and pulled up 11.25 x 2 x 5.

Today I inclined 77.5 x 2 x 5, 72.5 x 5 which I think is a PR for me. The incline seems to give me the biggest overall pump of all the upper body lifts. I can see why some prefer it to benching. I've heard it's the best "overall mass builder". I think that might have been from the SS programmer who's name has escaped me.

Maybe the narrativization of my training has come as a consequence of reading Orwell's Homarge to Catalonia.

Then I DB pressed 26 x 5, 28 x 5, 22 x 5 (sr)

Finished off with a nice T-Cep P-Down pump session.

No comments:

Post a Comment