Thursday 19 January 2012

SV Post

Although I have been dieting and slimming down for a few months now, things went initially really well. I was hitting PRs. But now things have changed.

Today was not a good day in the gym. It's clear I have lost a significant amount of strength. I only managed 170x6x2 when a couple of weeks ago I did 170x12x2. My bench went just as badly. Although I haven't lost a huge amount of bodyweight over the last couple of weeks (about 1kg/2lbs), my protein intake has certainly taken a dive from about 250g per day to 190-200g per day. I now feel like this has made a real negative impact.

It's clear I have only 1 real option; get my protein intake back up to 250g and salvage what I still have, while getting my training back on track. While I believe some loss in strength is okay, this current state can't go on.

To anyone who reads this log, I would give just 2 pieces of advice:

1. If you think at some point in your training, you may want to become lean, keep your bodyfat at around 15% if you can. If it gets up to around 25%, you really make things more difficult for yourself in the long run, as I have done. Time spent dropping bodyweight by somewhere in the region of 15% is a slow, time consuming process that coulb be spent better by getting bigger and stronger.

2. Keep your protein high.

I'm going to be taking a break from updating my log here on SV. I'm still going to be training but I just dont feel like being in the public domain as such at the moment. Good luck to everybody and I'll see you here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment