Monday 30 April 2012

Re-Cap

Haven't logged my last 2 sessions so here they are:

Other day:

Benched .77.5 x 5, 5, 9. This was fairly easy.

Sunday:

Press: 52.5 x 5, 5, 8. This was pretty easy too.

These were a great couple of sessions. Not because I am anywhere near any sort of PR, but just because they both felt easier than the last and that's what it's all about at this stage.

I'm managing the max rep set which I have learnt is certainly the wise thing to do. For example, after my 75 x 10 max rep bench set a couple of weeks ago, the following press set was markedly more difficult so I did the straight 3x5.


"Manage 4 Results". That's probably a training motto a lot of you guys could do well to go by.

In other news, I didn't squat today because I'm simply too sore from Saturday's game. Figure I may as well get an extra days rest in a capitalise on a better squat performance tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Press: 50 x 5, 5, 10

    Bench: 75x 5,5,12

    Bench: 77.5 x 5, 5, 9.

    Press: 52.5 x 5, 5, 8

    "Manage 4 Results". That's probably a training motto a lot of you guys could do well to go by."

    I see the weight increased by 5 lb on your bench and press and the reps came down by 3 and 2 respectively. Where exactly are these results that you're managing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..you know what? In the past, when cretins like yourself would make negative, ill-conceived comments, I would feel the need to justify my methods but now, I just don't see the point.

    I've explicitly laid out an effective, easy to follow training motto to help rodents like you, spinning inside your little hamster wheels, to finally make some progress for once in your life. If you don't get it, I'm sorry, I just can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've explicitly laid out an effective, easy to follow training motto to help rodents like you, spinning inside your little hamster wheels, to finally make some progress for once in your life. If you don't get it, I'm sorry, I just can't help you."

    Look, this is all getting out of hand and you evidently find it difficult to defend yourself without resorting to lies. Here's the short of it (without resorting to lies): Pound for pound, I have always been stronger than you, with the exception of the squat, however,when considered pound for pound, there was only a difference of maybe 5-10 kg. And not only was I pound for pound stronger than you, I wasn't obese.

    Fast forward to today, well the less said about that the better. But in a sentence, it can be looked at like this:

    You got kind-of strong by getting obese. Then you got lean by getting weak as piss.

    And now, well, the less said about that the better.

    ReplyDelete