Friday 11 October 2013

Posting Highlights

I'm not gonna post every session. From now on it will be just the highlights and updates. It's been a bit like that anyway.

Recently, I realised I was training too light - this applies specifically to squats. My max must be 200, maybe even 210 on a good day. I squatted 190 x 5 comfortably not to long ago However, I've been training predominantly in the 65-75% range with all these sets at 160kg. That's not gonna get my max up. I've gotta train harder and heavier - simple as that. The other day I did 170 x 8 x 3 and this was a good start. At the end of this current volume block, I have to be squatting 180 for between 15-24 total reps if I want to add poundage to my max so that's what I will be doing in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I benched 100 x 10 x 3. Similar principle for my benching, however, I wasn't training as light for bench in comparison with squat. No wonder I was making bench progress - I got my volume and percentages right. With squatting, I just became soft.


No comments:

Post a Comment